Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Gobbledygook; a nonsense word for wordy nonsense

I am in the state of irritation hitherto, descrying acrimoniously the disconcertingly unbearable excessive molecular vibration of the air. This situation is compounded by the absence of air movement, thereby facilitating the stagnation of warm air within confined spaces. At this moment hereof , such incondusive circumstances has resulted in mental incapacitation and disablement of rational thought processes in respect to processing input therefore producing the consequence of incomprehensible output. Hence the utilization of malapropitation and blunderbusses of yours truly to smear your conscience and while away that precious asset of yours called time.

Basically—the weather is so hot that my brains are fried which causes me to do stupid things like write about it and waste your time reading it.

Isn’t quite amazing how people write really superfluous stuff just to sound intelligent? I found this funny example, a parody of this issue. Consider;
Matt 16: 15-17
Jesus said unto them, “Who do you say that I am?”
Peter said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”
And Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood hath not revealed this to you but my Father in heaven.”

Insert gobbledygook—
Jesus said unto them, “Who do you say that I am?”
They replied, “You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed.”
And Jesus replied, “What?”

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhrrrr,
Hi Suan,
0_o
I'm attempting to read these weblogs in the most sane manner, but my efforts cannot help but think, invasion of mister shakespeare.
kidding.
looking forward to seeing you back at home!
until then,
miss you-hoo!

Ash said...

hehe

I am in possesion of a metaphysical formation of an ideology ensconed partly of will and neuronal activity about your literary contemplation upon an electronic interface which appeals to a deeper consciousness with a sense of cultural acceptance and approval.

i.e. I think your blog is cool.

lol. (sad attempt I know)

Sarah/Suan Mei said...

Actually, Ash...you're becoming as convoluted as I am!! haha. Your blog sounds almost as bad anyway, only because I don't understand your oh-so-profound-pls-smite-me scientific, philosphical discourse :)

houng said...

wicked...

Anonymous said...

hey u abandoned ure blog!!!=P

Anonymous said...

what gobbledygook, its extraterrestrial! Believe me, my usual reading speed of 2 pages per minute shrunk to 2 words per minute...

haha, cool post ^.^

wwen