Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Why I luuuurve academic essays/assignments

10) Because it allows me to make full use of the library resources. My room is crammed now. I paid nearly $400 for services and amenities fee, I should make damn good use of it.

9) Because it allows me to suck up to my lecturers and tutors when discussing essay topics and possible ideological arguments.

8) Because whatever you write in it is most probably useless in the future. So you don't have to retain the information in your brain.

7) I have the rare opportunity to indulge myself with coffee and lose sleep over it.

6) So I can get a new 'look'; I heard that pimples-enhanced-complexion is the current trend.

5) So I can let my nerdy side go crazy with delicious terms like 'post-structuralism', 'discourse' and 'hegemony'.

4) Because I have the right to tell people that I can't talk to them, go take your problems somewhere else, I'M LOVINGLY COMPOSING AN ESSAY, CAN'T YOU SEE?!?

3) It allows me to legitimately skip meals and lose weight. Without people complaining I'm too thin, bla bla bla...

2) I can sit in my heated room all the day (and night) long. No need to freeze in examination halls.

1) Ze feel of paper and ze smell of ink is...mmm. Ze best, my friend!

6 comments:

houng said...

actually there's 1 more thing to it.

0) everything ends on the first day of exams, if you don't have any other exams, so that extends your holiday time. No, it's not about the extension, it's about the ability to gloat about ur freedom while you visit your self-distructing comrades who are still way way way way too far from finishing yet.

hmmm...........make that two

-1) gives me the excuse to go to hungry jacks at random times like 3a.m. . Their fries beat the crap out of KFC's chips.

Anonymous said...

*eye roll*
ok....=P

Anonymous said...

OH ya ...number 2 is the one you should aim for.. number 2 is right.. i've sat in the exam hall today freezing my butt off..

_butt said...

Haha. I can smell sarcasm in the air.

Btw, no. 6 is damn funny. ROTFL!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, it has been a long time haven't catch up with you. How's all?

Sarah/Suan Mei said...

hey sorry. Which Jonathan is this? :) anyhow, good to hear from you.