Saturday, October 04, 2008

Make money! And more money!

I see so many Internet marketing websites around, it's not funny.

It goes something like "I've made 96 million the past one year and you can too! Scroll down to find out how!" or "Work from home and make $5,000 a month, guaranteed!"

Right.

Then there is this looooooooong spiel about how this book/programme/software will change your life, just open this website, all the resources are in the CD or book, just sit back and watch the money roll in. Then what follows is a list of 'real life' testimonies about people who tried it and started raving about it ("oh wow, I've made $4,989 the past month! I thought this was just another scam but I'm so glad I tried it" yadayada) and then, you might even get scanned copies of the author's bank account showing how the money is rolling in.

The amazing thing is, the marketing spiel is really long, and the website is really verbiose and long-winded, but people (including me) would actually read the whole darn thing. And then, the best part is, this author keeps telling you this isn't a scam, that this "secret" is so good, he can't keep it to himself and therefore is sharing it with you. Some go further and say "I've tried many things out there and have been dissappointed. So I know how you feel, but I've been there, done that, and I know this works."

But of course, if you really want to find out if it works, you have to buy his product for $50 or $300, whatever it is.

But oh, that's not the end. He will give you money back guarantee within 30 days! And hurry, he's only releasing it at a special price within the next 24 hours! (one website even had a timer ticking off the seconds). *stress*

Ok, let me get this straight. You are a multimillionare, I'm not even sure if you're listed by Forbes, and now you wanna share this great news with me. And all I have to do is set up a website in 5 mins and watch thousands of dollars roll in. And how is it that the last 20 websites of 20 different names I went to sound almost the SAME?

I don't doubt people can be rich through this thing, but you know how? It's through manipulating idiots like you and me (and playing on our lust for money) to buy their products, and say a few hundred buy every month- there u have it...the thousands of cash rolling in. It's like MLM, just less effort and more insidious.

No comments: