Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tssh, airports!

There is something about me and airports. We don't get along well with each other.

SO, why is that, you ask? Well, when I went to the airport to fly off to Melbourne last year, I brought my NEW passport. But the check-in counter people told me that I do not have a valid visa on the NEW passport so did I bring my OLD one? I didn't and so I was frantically running up and down KLIA trying to get them to call Canberra to tell them yes, I do have an e-visa and I'm not a terrorist. I got through.

This time, my crime was not bringing my NEW passport. I must have been dreaming when I picked up my OLD and expired passport (and can you believe it, I was actually staring at it wondering why it was chipped at the side) and off we went to the airport. Only to be told I was to show them my NEW passport. So I had no choice but to book the next flight to Melbourne while my family and I went home to look for my NEW passport. ARGH.

But when I got home, I thought, I need to do something to cheer myself up. So the first thing I did was to call my friend, TC. Needless to say, he was very very shocked and thought, what the hell did he do to warrant a call from my house phone and probably my parents. And of course, he couldn't stop laughing at me after I told my story.

THEN, I had another idea (Muahahaaa....). I decided to prank call my work collegue, M. This should work, I figured, since he 1) doesn't know my house phone number and 2) he is not familiar with my parents. SO I called his mobile and tuned my voice a few tones higher, complete with the auntie-like "ah" and "ohhh". It went something like this;

Me : Uhm, ahh, is this, uhm...(name)
M : Yes, yes?
Me : Oh hi, this is Suan Mei's mother ah. You are my daughter's work collegue right?
M : Oh! Uhm, yes. Hi...uhm...
Me : Sorry for calling so late ya...uhm (M: Oh no, auntie, its ok!) I just want to ask ah, I heard my daughter saying, about the job salary ah, has your boss paid you all yet?
M : No, uhm, we're in a bit of a difficult situation right now, just try to understand....

So anyway, I kept this up for like, 10- 15 minutes when finally I couldn't take it. I was like, "Oii, it's me." M was confused, "Sorry?"

"It's me la, Sarah..."

"What? Where are you now?"

"I'm at home"

"Who was that just now?"

"Me la!! hahaha..."

Silence for 3 to 4 seconds. And finally M finds the voice to speak.

"I HATE YOU!!!"

Hah. Mission complete. I mean, come on, since I have to endure such bad luck as I have mentioned, I might as well make the most of it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

wahahahahahaha......
i can't stop laughing.....
wahahahahaha......
it's really funny.......
wahahahahhaha.....
that's cool!!!!!

_butt said...

Hahaha! Hilarious!!

Superratty@TMY said...

hilarious my foot.

Sarah/Suan Mei said...

Oh come on Darth, you were laughing at yourself after that too ;p

Anonymous said...

It's almost as bad as calling your mobile to hear your voice message! Hello!!!! How are youuuuuuuu? Then voice message.. burning people's credit nya!

I always end up saying hello...

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Like I care.

houng said...

evil........

Fikri said...

A brilliant achievement. Ingenious. Never thought you had it in you to pull off something like that. :>

Anonymous said...

people should stop giving you credit for this.

tmy