Sunday, October 22, 2006

and they say they envy me

Just the other day, my friends and I were talking about our families.

They said they have problems relating to their parents, or their siblings--or just simply do not know what to talk to them about. It's kinda like this:

Dad/Mum : How are you?
my friend : Ok lor.
Dad/Mum : How are your studies?
my friend : Ok.
Dad/Mum : Are you sure you alright?
my friend : Uhm. Yeah. Oh, my bank account running low *ahem*.

Here is what a conversation with my parents are like:

Dad : I've been trying to call you. Why you never call me one? How come you can call other guys and not call me?

Me : I tried calling you yesterday la AIYO.

Dad : So you said you bought that jacket. Does it look good?...bla bla (half an hour later) Wait,your mum wants to speak to you.

Mum : Eh, how are you? Alot of assignments? Why don't you wanna come home and work next year?

Me: Erm, cuz I think its good to do Honours and bla bla ....

Mum : So you wanna stay there for another year? So, any potential guys? *laughs*

The above is usually the nice chirpy tone and everyone thinks, oh how lovely, my parents are my friends and why can't their parents be that way? And oh, I'm so close to all of them, we share information and hardly any secrets are kept. Well. I'm not complaining- usually. Just wait till you hear them scold me :p. Or see the sort of strict lifestyle I live. And people wonder why I have only seen like, maybe 20-30 movies in my lifetime, or have hardly much interest in anything vaguely 'worldly'. There are reasons for all that of course, but none of you would understand completely. But no, we don't follow a cult and my Christian life has been anything but boring, but that is a story for another time.

But at the end of the day, I won't give my family up for anything else. So here is to my family.





(there was a scandalous pic here of myself and my bro but it has been taken off because of the publicity it has attracted. And my mum is worried that potential suitors might think we are already taken. Which we aren't but nevermind)

Hmm. I know this last pic is quite *scandalous* but at least you know who the guy is :p

3 comments:

japheth said...

Oii!!! get my pic off!!! SARAH!!!!

Matty said...

lol!! Hi SUANNIEEEE :) *hugs* glad i popped by..or...maybe not! :P Hilarious last picture! why so emo? ;) and you're absolutely right,the last pic *IS* scandalous! heeheeehee

Anonymous said...

Wow.....Japheth, oh my goodness. This is the first time I'm seeing your pic half naked with your sis...What have u done? It's so unbelievable~~ Hahaha.... I wonder whether to spread this news to Semarak or not...hahaha. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone