Monday, October 02, 2006

Last (and only) woman standing




From left to right (top): me, Sam Tai, Derek, Patrick, Sam Wong's friend, Pat's fren 1, Ji Xiang who thinks he's too cool

From left to right (bottom): Sam Wong, Ben Wong who is more concerned with shooting Pat than the camera, Pat's fren 2, Kim Seng (Pat's only fren whose name I can remember)

23 September- we donned army suits, wore weird hats with laser sensors, formed ranks while totterring guns and took to the bush. Yeah sounds like a guys' thing but I suppose as Derek says, I'm one of them...sometimes. Hey I like pink and making apple crumble ok, so I'm not tomboy or anything. Anyways, I ended up being the only female in the outdoor laser skirmish outing. The guys said they would *protect* me but HA, like I believed them. They ended up shooting me even *gives Pat and Kim Seng a knowing stare*.

And yes I know I look like a kid up there so stop laughing.

Each of us had to wear those ugly green suits, and two different kinds of hats which will determine which team we're on. The laser sensors were on the hats and our guns, therefore we had to either shoot the gun or ppl's heads. There were a few guns to choose from....from the smallest one which had 3-40 metres range to sniper guns which had grenade launchers that 'kills' anyone within 90 degrees radius, bout 90-100 metres range. I'm carrying one of those that has 70 metres range. The guns also indicated how many lives we had, depending on the game.

Well we weren't the only group there for the laser skirmish, there was a huge group of kids from maybe 6-10 yrs old all yelling and shooting away in the woods and we had to form two opposing groups with them. I suppose I could have fit in with them if they weren't so....u know, one of them shot me from the back, while I was crouching on the ground...my life went down from 9 lives to 4 lives. He just stood there grinning like he accomplished something but I WAS ON HIS TEAM arrrgh. Well you will find out later however, that I'm no better :p

We played a few rounds, sometimes with the kids, sometimes by ourselves. I quite enjoyed myself minus the terrain- I mean, there was bushes, holes and lalang and thorns everywhere. Natural forest, no cleared paths or anything. At one point where I 'captured' the flag and I was on my hands and belly crawling because of the crossfire, cut my hands on the thorns. Wasn't too funny trying to endure them while brushing teeth that night.

The last game was probably be the funniest laser game we had. It was called 'last man standing', where basically it's every person for himself/herself. Well, we still formed alliances among each other. I was in alliance with Sam Tai, Pat, Derek and Ji Xiang. We just hid behind trees and killed nearly everyone else until Derek (who got killed somewhere in between) told me "there are no others! Kill everyone!" So I shot Ji Xiang till he died, much to his dissappointment. I dont think he would trust me much now haha. And while Pat were finishing Sam and Ben Wong off, Sam T was trying to shoot me. Then me and Pat ended up shooting him. Then it was the two CG leaders against each other--we had killed all our CG members. And while all the CG members sat around watching, I was jumping from tree to tree trying to figure out where Pat was. Right.

So technically, I was the last woman standing.

That is, until Pat shot me bout 5 times and finished the game. So ok FINE, he's the last man standing. He wanted me to say on my blog about how he is so skilled and suave and yadayada. Oh well Pat, who are you trying to impress? Heh :p

Gals, you missed out.

Guys, you need to get back at Pat haha. You gonna let him take all the glory?

2 comments:

_butt said...

I have to say you looked really cute in that you-know-wut- outfit.. hehe

Anonymous said...

have to say the group picture with teh forest behind is nice...wish i had a big land and can plan all those trees :P

Jin Teik