Saturday, October 28, 2006

HOW DARE THEY...watever la.

You would think that in the 21st century, most affluent people living in cities should have some sort of western rationale. Or sensibility. Or idea of politeness.

Well. That's what YOU think, and what I would LIKE to think.

Just the other day, my uncle's GF's parents called my race 'backward'. We're Baba Nyonya, so what? We live in good suburbs, own a few cars, a fair education. But they think he's not good enough for their daughter...because he's not earning like, huge bucks in a month. They think we're stupid and below their class. And they want their daughter to get out of the relationship, nay, get out of the COUNTRY even.

They called the house and threatened my grandparents that they will do something to him if their daughter still refuses to leave.

No my friends. This is not Afghanistan or India or something. These are affluent chinese in Malaysia.

And they call us backward.